Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
- "As soon as I saw the Kiwano melon I thought - this is something special"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: New external quality sorting for kiwis will be installed in TAMM
Tamm-Frulac will be installing a Powervision 3D for kiwi external quality sorting in their San Francisco de Mostazal packing house. The system will be installed in an existing Aweta/Autoline 5 lanes grader.
The Powervision 3D sensor technology will be used to produce a more consistent product quality, taking out fruit with defects and with defective shape (i.e.flat kiwi).
Power Vision 3D detects fruit color, shape and external defects. A highly sophisticated camera system combines images taken from different angles to create a full 3D image.
PowerVision 3D uses high definition digital cameras and LED technology to detect any given parameter of imperfection, eliminating the subjective opinion of the human eye. This will result in a more accurate and consistent grading standard.
PowerVision 3D is delivered with standard templates. It can easily be trained more specifically by means of neural networks, Aweta claims.
PowerVision 3D can sort into different quality classes by the type of defect that is detected. Information about the sorted fruits is graphically displayed and helps the operator to control the sorting quality using the sophisticated PowerVision 3D technology that hides behind the user interface.
Sorting by shape on the left and sorting by external defect on the right.
The defect sorting system will be installed on an Aweta grader. The external quality sorting is more and more installed on the Aweta Rollestar graders, which is their best seller among the company's line of graders.
Electronic quality sorting allows producers to speed up processing times, to rationalize sorting staff jobs, ensuring flexibility and lastly to increase final sorting results by eliminating defective fruit.
For more information: www.aweta.nl
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: