Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Supply of red apples does not meet demand"
"The 2017 apple season has already come to an end. Compared to 2016, this year's apple market has been rather stable, and the prices have not fluctuated much. The supply of red apples has not met the demand," states Mr. Wang Kejian of Sanmenxia Gan Shan Chen Guang Fruit Industry Co., Ltd.
Farmers are packing harvested apples
Sealed apple packaging
"We have 30,000 hectares (300,000 mu) of apple fields in Sanmenxia, where we mainly grow red apples and Pian Hong apples. We also grow smaller quantities of Qinguan apples, New Red apples and Gala apples. Because our fields are located at around 800 meters above sea level, and the temperature differences between day and night are rather large, our apples are sweet."
A truck fully loaded with apples
Farmers are processing apples after the harvest
Freshly harvested apples
"Currently, our apples are sold in all the large supermarkets in Yunnan, Hunan and Guangdong. The Pian Hong apples are mostly sold in supermarkets in Yunnan, Dongbei, Zhengzhou and Luoyang, while the red apples are sold in Hunan. As we have been expanding our markets for many years, our Chinese markets have already matured. Now we are looking for foreign purchasers. We are hoping that, when the time is ripe, we can send our high quality apples abroad as well."
Company: Sanmenxia Gan Shan Chen Guang Fruit Industry Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 133 3398 1828
+86 130 3038 9825
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: