Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Supply of red apples does not meet demand"
"The 2017 apple season has already come to an end. Compared to 2016, this year's apple market has been rather stable, and the prices have not fluctuated much. The supply of red apples has not met the demand," states Mr. Wang Kejian of Sanmenxia Gan Shan Chen Guang Fruit Industry Co., Ltd.
Farmers are packing harvested apples
Sealed apple packaging
"We have 30,000 hectares (300,000 mu) of apple fields in Sanmenxia, where we mainly grow red apples and Pian Hong apples. We also grow smaller quantities of Qinguan apples, New Red apples and Gala apples. Because our fields are located at around 800 meters above sea level, and the temperature differences between day and night are rather large, our apples are sweet."
A truck fully loaded with apples
Farmers are processing apples after the harvest
Freshly harvested apples
"Currently, our apples are sold in all the large supermarkets in Yunnan, Hunan and Guangdong. The Pian Hong apples are mostly sold in supermarkets in Yunnan, Dongbei, Zhengzhou and Luoyang, while the red apples are sold in Hunan. As we have been expanding our markets for many years, our Chinese markets have already matured. Now we are looking for foreign purchasers. We are hoping that, when the time is ripe, we can send our high quality apples abroad as well."
Company: Sanmenxia Gan Shan Chen Guang Fruit Industry Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 133 3398 1828
+86 130 3038 9825
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: