Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Waitrose offering new red sprout variety for Christmas
The glorious golden shimmer of the Christmas turkey will have a little competition on the plate this year in the form of a new red sprout called Redarling®.
The Redarling is a hybrid of old red sprout varieties and newer green ones, and takes the best of both to deliver a mild and slightly sweeter flavour according to some.
The red sprouts, which are purple on the stalk, yet turn red once cooked, will be available in Waitrose branches nationwide from this week. They have been developed by Staples Vegetable Ltd, a third generation family farming business with over 15,000 acres of farmland, spread predominantly across Lincolnshire and the Isle of Wight.
Staples grow enough sprouts for Waitrose to spread out over 855 miles, that’s 250 miles longer than the distance from Lands End to John O’Groats. During the sprout season Waitrose will sell approximately 15 different specially selected varieties in all. The Redarling Brussels sprouts will retail at £1.40 per pack.
For further information:
Tel: +44 0207 287 5006
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: