Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pouchfiller gaining popularity in fresh produce sectorThe pouch, as a means of packaging, is very trendy in the food world at the moment. This handy packaging has a fold-out bottom and, when sealed, can stand upright in supermarket shelves. It is also easy to carry, thanks to a handle at the top of the packaging. Just below this handle, there is a "zip" which makes it possible to reseal the packaging.
The pouch fulfils the need to present products perfectly and to keep fresh products really fresh. This type of packaging is especially popular for storing, among other products, sweets, nuts, seeds and coffee beans. You also see more and more pouches filled with all kinds of sliced or whole fresh produce.
Filling these pouches can be a difficult job and has to be done by hand. In order to simply this task, Manter has developed an automated solution: the Pouchfiller. Manter is Dutch company that designs and manufactures weighing and packaging machines for the fresh produce industry. At the beginning of the year this machine was presented at Fruit Logistica in Berlin. The Pouchfiller automatically fetches a pouch from a storage area and places it under the filling nozzle. Along the way, a sticker can also be placed on the pouch.
The filled pouch then moves to a support conveyor belt, where the top part is sealed. Manter's Pouchfiller is currently being tested in practice. Manter expects that the first definite production versions will be ready in early 2018.
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: