Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Pouchfiller gaining popularity in fresh produce sectorThe pouch, as a means of packaging, is very trendy in the food world at the moment. This handy packaging has a fold-out bottom and, when sealed, can stand upright in supermarket shelves. It is also easy to carry, thanks to a handle at the top of the packaging. Just below this handle, there is a "zip" which makes it possible to reseal the packaging.
The pouch fulfils the need to present products perfectly and to keep fresh products really fresh. This type of packaging is especially popular for storing, among other products, sweets, nuts, seeds and coffee beans. You also see more and more pouches filled with all kinds of sliced or whole fresh produce.
Filling these pouches can be a difficult job and has to be done by hand. In order to simply this task, Manter has developed an automated solution: the Pouchfiller. Manter is Dutch company that designs and manufactures weighing and packaging machines for the fresh produce industry. At the beginning of the year this machine was presented at Fruit Logistica in Berlin. The Pouchfiller automatically fetches a pouch from a storage area and places it under the filling nozzle. Along the way, a sticker can also be placed on the pouch.
The filled pouch then moves to a support conveyor belt, where the top part is sealed. Manter's Pouchfiller is currently being tested in practice. Manter expects that the first definite production versions will be ready in early 2018.
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: