Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
High quality American agricultural goods on the Chinese market
Following the increased interest of Chinese consumers in high quality food products from overseas, several high quality American agricultural products were aimed at the Chinese market. One important task for the Washington Apple Association, with its headquarters in Wenatchee, is to promote the apples of its 1,260 member farm owners in the market. In the beginning of 2013, the association began to cooperate with Ali Baba, and its sales volume have increased twofold every year since.
The cooperation with Chinese online shops expands the range of American agricultural products exported to China. Apart from apples, there are also Seattle cherries and Alaskan sea food, and close to a hundred kinds of American agricultural products that enter China through Tianmao. China has already become the largest overseas market for the cherry industry in the American north-west. Opening up new markets also provides great opportunities for small- and medium-size companies.
At present, the online Chinese market for fresh produce grows by more than 50% per year. It is estimated that the online market will exceed 100,000 million yuan [15.107 million USD] in 2018. When foreign high quality agricultural products enter China, they have to meet the market requirements at multiple levels of the Chinese administration. More important, however, is the need to promote the brand in China and implement a comprehensive strategy from supply chain to market.
Source: China Trade News
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: