Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Good prices for Angeleno plums
The commercialisation of Angeleno plums is coming to an end. Operators confirm that they will only be available for another 15-20 days.
Mauro Battistini, Orogel Fresco Director, explained that "the year has been positive as the good weather meant the produce didn't develop any particular problems. This in turn facilitated storage and ripening. Quantities were higher than last year, at least in our area, but the market absorbed everything."
Battistini confirmed that Orogel Fresco stocks will end within 10 days' time. The plums have been exported to the US and UK as well.
Prices are good, part payments for 2017 will only be slightly lower than the entire liquidation for 2016. However, it must be said that prices were excellent for good grades, from 45+. Lower grades obtained slightly less, but the gross saleable production will be satisfactory.
Angeleno plums are ideal to complete the autumn fruit range with apples, pears, kiwis and persimmons. They weren't very popular until 20 years ago due to setting problems. Then, technician Domenico Abeti discovered a compatible pollinator. You just need to plant an "Abeti" pollinator every 4 trees for guaranteed production.
Via Emilia 3800
47020 Longiano (FC) - Italy
Tel.: +39 (0)547 651860
Fax: +39 (0)547 651809
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: