Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Cherry market becomes polarized
At present, Chilean cherries are already in fruit shops everywhere. Currently there are numerous breeds of Chilean cherries, each with their own price. The expensive cherries cost more than 100 yuan [15.13 USD] per 0.5kg, while the cheap cherries cost about 60-70 yuan [9.08-10.59 USD] per 0.5kg. Chilean cherries have just arrived on the market and their volume is still low, so they are air freighted into the country rather than transported by sea. It is estimated that the bulk which travels by sea will arrive in a month.
However, this year it pays to watch the prices. This is a bumper year for cherries and after one month or so when the bulk arrives, the price will possibly drop to 30 yuan [4.54 USD] per 0.5kg. After the supply increases, there will be two kinds of cherries in the supermarket. There will be relatively few high quality, large cherries, and lots of smaller cherries. In this polarized market the price for high quality cherries will probably be maintained at more than 100 yuan [15.13 USD] per 0.5kg, while the common quality cherries will become more and more affordable for people.
Source: Hangzhou Daily
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: