Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: White radish market hard to recover this year
Lately, there have been many regions where the white radish price has dropped. In some places, it is even lower than the cost price, which means that many farmers are losing money. There are two reasons for this drop in price.
One reason is seasonal. Currently, large quantities of white radishes have entered the market. As the supply increased, the prices dropped. The other reason is related to the weather and the slumped vegetable prices. Because of the heavy rain during the summer of this year, the overall vegetable prices have risen, encouraging farmers to increase their vegetable production areas. That means that the vegetable supply is now larger than the demand, leading to a drop in price. That is why the white radish price has also dropped.
Source: government website
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: