Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
British Potato 2017:
UK: Branston's Jim Aitken awarded for maintaining strong work relationships
Senior Field Manager at Branston, Jim Aitken, has won the AHDB’s coveted “Above and Beyond” award at British Potato 2017, the UK's biennial potato event.
The award given by AHDB Potatoes, a division of the UK Agriculture & Horticulture Development Board committed to making the potato industry more competitive and sustainable, is presented to an exceptional performer or an individual who has made a significant achievement over the past five years.
Jim has been based at Branston’s Abernethy site since the company took it over in 2004, and even prior to this. His role as senior field manager is within agronomy, but his passion for getting the best out of potatoes means that he strives to be involved in and maintain a strong working relationship between agronomy, procurement, technical and production at the site.
Jim said: “The potato sector is such an important part of UK agriculture, and I feel passionate about the role that I play within Branston to ensure the ever-increasing market needs in this industry are met with quality products. I have worked in this industry for over 30 years, and so to be recognised by AHDB Potatoes with such a prestigious award at BP 2017, an event which really celebrates the potato industry, is a real honour.”
James Truscott, managing director at Branston said: “He is extremely well known and respected in the industry, and is a real champion for our sector. Jim is always looking at ways to drive improvement and change where it is needed, and is always happy to share his extensive knowledge and expertise with others.
In particular, he is committed to passing on his skills and experience to young people in the industry, many of whom have gone on to become successful agronomists in their own right within the potato and vegetable sectors.”
Publication date: 11/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: