- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- 'Fruit wants to start ripening only when the time is right'
- Needle found in Australian strawberries sold in New Zealand
- Australia: Sunraysia growers rank ‘surveillance’ as Q-Fly priority
- Independent grocers hold their ground against national retailers
- 'Tomato imports from Mexico create unfair market in US'
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Vietnam regains "strength" in Chinese fruit and vegetable export
- Mexico: "6 out of every 10 papayas consumed in North America are from Colima"
- Many consumers 'grossed out' by GMOs
- California to build first large-scale water storage after 40 years
- Egypt: Only certified farms allowed to export Pomegranates this season
High demand for Ukrainian organic berries
UFP is a global trading company that supplies frozen products grown in Ukraine. The company has its own fields, where the organic berries are grown, its processing plant in Malyn (Zhytomyr region – 100 km to the West from Kyiv) and its own logistics company. This allows the large harmonious UFP organism to work for the best results and represent the Ukrainian berries to Europeans.
"This season we grew 75 hectares of our own berries, next year the territory will increase by another 120 hectares. We came to this region to develop berry cultivation, when the berry industry in the Zhytomyr region was very low. There was not a single processing facility, despite being near a forest full of wild (organic) plants with blueberries, blackberries, elderberries, and cranberries, products which are high in demand with European consumers," shared Ivan.
Along with the wild berries, the company also works with organic certified producers of raspberries, strawberries, sweet/tart cherries and plums (to name a few), brought to UFP for freezing.
"We currently cooperate with leading European consumers, but we don't want to stop there, and are always looking for promising new markets. I think that the most interesting are Asia, the Americas and Israel. We have the Organic Standard certificate, which confirms our ability to work with organic products without crossing the flow lines of cultivated berries,"
"Someone has land and somebody else has the money. We know how to combine this for growing quality berries, and we know where to sell it," said Ivan Kotyash.
For more information:
Ukrainian Fresh & Frozen Products
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Agriculture Canada trying to preserve quality of frozen vegetables
- 09/19/2018 Demand for cherry juice seriously increasing”
- 09/14/2018 Freeze-dried fruits and berries
- 09/13/2018 Freezing tunnel source of Greenyard Listeria contamination
- 09/11/2018 Mangoes grow in popularity, but freezing them requires extra care
- 09/11/2018 Food waste becomes high-quality paper
- 09/10/2018 In 2017, each European consumed 17.9 liters of fruit juice
- 09/06/2018 New veggie bowl product launched with protein
- 09/05/2018 US Leafy green grower expands value-added organic line
- 09/04/2018 Search for alternatives to hypochlorite for disinfection of processed products
- 09/03/2018 “Frozen is an add-on to fresh”
- 09/03/2018 New 'superfood' salad by Californian producer
- 08/22/2018 Snack carrots up by 20% for 2 years in a row
- 08/21/2018 Poland: Drop in lettuce supply may boost demand for ready to eat blends
- 08/16/2018 Juice company introduces cucumber jalapeno juice
- 08/10/2018 Processing potato quality fears as dry weather continues
- 08/08/2018 "France: "High demand for fresh-cut products because of hot weather"
- 08/07/2018 Schweppes to venture into orange production
- 08/07/2018 Bonduelle's revenues increase thanks to incorporation of Ready Pac Foods
- 07/17/2018 New caramel apple kits launched ready for Fall