Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: Famous apple orchard to become flower farmPeter Darley’s Daydawn Nashdale apple orchard has been sold and will be turned into a flower farm.
Daydawn is one of Orange’s most famous orchards, having been started by Mr Darley’s dad, Noel, about 70 years ago.
Mr Darley is retiring after the property was sold for $2 million last week.
The new buyer, Sydney flower grower and seller, Chris May of Mayfarm Flowers, will take out the 22,000 trees and replace them with greenhouses and fields of flowers with a “cellar door-like’’ public sales facility.
Read more at the Central Western Daily (David Fitzsimons)
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: