Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Collapse of prices in cucumber marketThis week, cucumber price trends have changed in Ukraine, as prices have dropped significantly following a period of quick rises, report analysts of "APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits". According to the daily monitoring of the project, cucumbers have become on average 21% cheaper than at the beginning of this week.
At the moment, a short cucumber in bulk in Ukraine costs 35-37 UAH/kg (1.13-1.19 EUR/kg), and the price for long cucumbers stands at 30 UAH/kg (0.96 EUR/kg). For comparison, at the end of the previous week, traders were not willing to close deals in this segment for prices below 40 UAH/kg (1.29 EUR/kg).
As market operators note, there are several reasons for such a significant reduction in prices. First of all, there has been a noticeable decline in trading activity, and at the same time, the supply of products from Turkey continues to increase, which also has a negative impact on pricing.
However, it is also worth noting that despite the decline, cucumber prices in the Ukrainian market are currently 1.9-2.3 times higher than in the second half of November of the previous year, and stand at record levels for this period.
Publication date: 11/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: