Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Collapse of prices in cucumber marketThis week, cucumber price trends have changed in Ukraine, as prices have dropped significantly following a period of quick rises, report analysts of "APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits". According to the daily monitoring of the project, cucumbers have become on average 21% cheaper than at the beginning of this week.
At the moment, a short cucumber in bulk in Ukraine costs 35-37 UAH/kg (1.13-1.19 EUR/kg), and the price for long cucumbers stands at 30 UAH/kg (0.96 EUR/kg). For comparison, at the end of the previous week, traders were not willing to close deals in this segment for prices below 40 UAH/kg (1.29 EUR/kg).
As market operators note, there are several reasons for such a significant reduction in prices. First of all, there has been a noticeable decline in trading activity, and at the same time, the supply of products from Turkey continues to increase, which also has a negative impact on pricing.
However, it is also worth noting that despite the decline, cucumber prices in the Ukrainian market are currently 1.9-2.3 times higher than in the second half of November of the previous year, and stand at record levels for this period.
Publication date: 11/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: