Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: 130 years of Canary tomatoes in a feature-length documentaryA feature-length documentary entitled "La zafra del alisio" ("The harvest of the alisio"), which will be released in the middle of next year, will narrate the more than 130 years of history of Canary tomatoes for export, according to the Cajamar Canarias Foundation, which is collaborating in the production.
Filming is already underway in Gran Canaria, Tenerife and Fuerteventura, since these are the areas with the largest production.
"La zafra del alisio" is a project of Producciones Audiovisuales SL which has the support of Sonimac SL. Both companies belong to the Canary audiovisual sector. The film will be broadcast next year on the Canary Public Television.
In addition to the Cajamar Canarias Foundation, the project has the collaboration of the Coagrisan cooperative of La Aldea de San Nicolás and the Federation of Exporters of Las Palmas, among others.
The history of this crop and its exportation, dating back to 1885, is told in about 60 minutes. The plantations started developing to supply winter tomatoes to the United Kingdom, whose coal ships carried the Canary tomatoes back.
The film also describes all the stages of the crop's cultivation and the different agents involved in it; its agronomic improvements, the viruses and pests that attack it, the climatology, the companies, the organic and sustainable agriculture, the relations with the public administrations and sharecropping and exports.
Moreover, it also addresses socio-economic aspects, the role of working women, the relationship with art and culture and the crop's nutritional values.
Publication date: 11/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: