Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand avocado industry grows to $200M in 4 years
The New Zealand avocado industry has grown from $70 million value to $200M in four years, says industry leader Tony Ponder.
“The NZ avocado industry has seen unprecedented growth in demand for avocados globally,” Ponder told Rural News.
“Key drivers of this demand are versatility, health benefits and the amazing taste of NZ avocados.”
Ponder is the new chairman of the NZ Avocado Growers Association (NZAGA) and Avocado Industry Council (AIC). He replaces Ashby Whitehead (chair since 2013) and has been on the NZAGA executive and the AIC Ltd board since 2006.
“The industry has experienced strong growth based on a well-developed strategy and I see my role as supporting... that strategy.”
He plans to ensure that NZ Avocado services stay relevant and valuable to all stakeholders - building the capacity and structure of industry governance, maintaining market access and addressing underlying risks to the industry.
Crown investment and the Primary Growth Partnership: NZ Avocado Go Global scheme have been a key to the industry’s “fantastic growth in value right across the supply chain,” says Ponder.
The industry is experiencing year-on-year increase in value, Ponder says, and is “excited about current opportunities in new markets”.
Publication date: 11/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: