Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Raley's wins Amaize Sweet Corn Retailer of the Year Award
Amaize Sweet Corn has honored Raley’s with the 2017 Amaize Sweet Corn Retailer of the Year Award. Raley’s was chosen for their comprehensive support of the program and their dedication to the Amaize variety.
Raley’s was the first retailer in the West to carry Amaize in 2012, and has developed loyal consumer demand for Amaize through its support of the program across their company banners. This year, Raley’s promotions included produce manager training, point-of-sale signage, social media posts, local radio, and a public relations strategy that landed George Crookham, the corn breeder himself, on a morning segment of Good Day Sacramento.
“As a long term partner, we know Amaize is an outstanding product and our stores and customers anticipate the excitement of this item hitting our produce departments each year,” says Greg Corrigan senior director of produce at Raley’s. “We are honored to accept this award, and look forward to many more successful Amaize seasons to come!”
“The Raley’s team has done a fantastic job getting behind the Amaize program for many years,” say George Crookham, CEO of Crookham Company. “We are very pleased to work with them and appreciate all of their efforts in supporting Amiaze.”
Amaize was discovered in 1989 by breeders George Crookham and Bruce Hobdey of Crookham Company. After 23 years and 10,000 variations of testing, Amaize was created through non-GMO breeding methods.
For more information:
Tel: +1 507 475 3433
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: