Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Peruvian pineapples prepared for Europe, USA and Japan
The Frunature company of the Association of Pineapple producers from VRAEM, have obtained the organic certification provided by a Certification Body of National Organic Production, which will allow them to have a competitive advantage to supply the international market, stated the Commission of Promotion of Peru for the Exportation and Tourism (PromPeru).
This certification guarantees consumers that the product has been cultivated in an environmentally friendly way. It verifies that the inputs used in its process, such as bio-pesticides, bio-fertilizers, etc., are of organic origin.
The company obtained this certification with the support of PromPeru through its Export Route. This certification has special relevance due to the increase in demand for organic products in the world, mainly in Europe, the United States, and Japan.
As part of its internationalization, Frunature participated with its Tibana brand in the Fruit Logistica Fair, the most important fruit and vegetables fair worldwide, which was held in February in Germany, with the help of the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation.
It was also present at the Centro Exporta and Expoamazónica business conferences and has started making its first shipments of fresh pineapples to the European market.
In addition, the National Agrarian Health Service (Senasa) granted the company sanitary authorization for its plant located in Pangoa (Satipo, Junín), which was inaugurated in June this year by the Minister of Foreign Trade and Tourism, Eduardo Ferreyros Küppers.
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: