Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Peruvian pineapples prepared for Europe, USA and Japan
The Frunature company of the Association of Pineapple producers from VRAEM, have obtained the organic certification provided by a Certification Body of National Organic Production, which will allow them to have a competitive advantage to supply the international market, stated the Commission of Promotion of Peru for the Exportation and Tourism (PromPeru).
This certification guarantees consumers that the product has been cultivated in an environmentally friendly way. It verifies that the inputs used in its process, such as bio-pesticides, bio-fertilizers, etc., are of organic origin.
The company obtained this certification with the support of PromPeru through its Export Route. This certification has special relevance due to the increase in demand for organic products in the world, mainly in Europe, the United States, and Japan.
As part of its internationalization, Frunature participated with its Tibana brand in the Fruit Logistica Fair, the most important fruit and vegetables fair worldwide, which was held in February in Germany, with the help of the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation.
It was also present at the Centro Exporta and Expoamazónica business conferences and has started making its first shipments of fresh pineapples to the European market.
In addition, the National Agrarian Health Service (Senasa) granted the company sanitary authorization for its plant located in Pangoa (Satipo, Junín), which was inaugurated in June this year by the Minister of Foreign Trade and Tourism, Eduardo Ferreyros Küppers.
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: