Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Mango, grape, avocado, and exotic fruits
Peru: Asian importers are interested in products from Piura
Mauricio Zuņiga, the coordinator of Exports at Promperu in Piura, said that Asian importers were interested in Piura's agricultural production.
"The buyers want mango, grape, avocado, and exotic fruits, such as pitahaya, blueberries and aguaymanto," the official stated.
According to Gabriela Vallejo, from the importer Ecuafields Premium Frut (which ships products to China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, and Canada), Piura's mango production and quality surpasses that of other South American countries.
"I'm interested in exporting mango, as well as exotic fruits that are grown in the region, by air," she said.
Juan Carlos Bajardo, a Chilean importer, said that he has been buying Piura mango for years and that, after visiting the crops, he might increase his demand.
Zuņiga Montes said Piura needed to improve its infrastructure to be able to export to the Asian market. Peru has 40 agricultural packing plants, but only four, which are in Piura, have complied with the protocol to make shipments to the Korean market. In other words, there is a lack of supply.
He also said that organic production was a window for buyers, as the market niches for exclusive products, such as mango, banana, and grapes were growing; albeit in small areas. Piura exports 100% organic bananas, coffee, cocoa, and brown sugar loaves (panela). In 2016, shipments of bananas brought an income of 140 million dollars.
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: