Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mango, grape, avocado, and exotic fruits
Peru: Asian importers are interested in products from Piura
Mauricio Zuñiga, the coordinator of Exports at Promperu in Piura, said that Asian importers were interested in Piura's agricultural production.
"The buyers want mango, grape, avocado, and exotic fruits, such as pitahaya, blueberries and aguaymanto," the official stated.
According to Gabriela Vallejo, from the importer Ecuafields Premium Frut (which ships products to China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, and Canada), Piura's mango production and quality surpasses that of other South American countries.
"I'm interested in exporting mango, as well as exotic fruits that are grown in the region, by air," she said.
Juan Carlos Bajardo, a Chilean importer, said that he has been buying Piura mango for years and that, after visiting the crops, he might increase his demand.
Zuñiga Montes said Piura needed to improve its infrastructure to be able to export to the Asian market. Peru has 40 agricultural packing plants, but only four, which are in Piura, have complied with the protocol to make shipments to the Korean market. In other words, there is a lack of supply.
He also said that organic production was a window for buyers, as the market niches for exclusive products, such as mango, banana, and grapes were growing; albeit in small areas. Piura exports 100% organic bananas, coffee, cocoa, and brown sugar loaves (panela). In 2016, shipments of bananas brought an income of 140 million dollars.
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: