Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Mercabarna market sells less fruit and veg due to strikesBarcelona's Mercabarna market has been working normally, despite the strikes called in Catalonia for Wednesday 8 November. Everything continued as on a normal business day, unlike what happened with the strike of 3 October, when there was greater participation. However, fruit, vegetable and fish sales were substantially lower.
The mayor of Barcelona, Ada Colau, decreed that the minimal services, usual in these cases, such as Funeral Services, the Mercabarna and Betevé markets, should continue as normal. On 3 October, however, the Town Council did join the strike, which is why they did not guarantee non-essential services.
Fruit and vegetable sales have dropped by 80% because their marketing started later and especially due to traffic problems, which delayed the arrival of the trucks supplying the goods.
Publication date: 11/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: