Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Mercabarna market sells less fruit and veg due to strikesBarcelona's Mercabarna market has been working normally, despite the strikes called in Catalonia for Wednesday 8 November. Everything continued as on a normal business day, unlike what happened with the strike of 3 October, when there was greater participation. However, fruit, vegetable and fish sales were substantially lower.
The mayor of Barcelona, Ada Colau, decreed that the minimal services, usual in these cases, such as Funeral Services, the Mercabarna and Betevé markets, should continue as normal. On 3 October, however, the Town Council did join the strike, which is why they did not guarantee non-essential services.
Fruit and vegetable sales have dropped by 80% because their marketing started later and especially due to traffic problems, which delayed the arrival of the trucks supplying the goods.
Publication date: 11/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: