Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Mercabarna market sells less fruit and veg due to strikesBarcelona's Mercabarna market has been working normally, despite the strikes called in Catalonia for Wednesday 8 November. Everything continued as on a normal business day, unlike what happened with the strike of 3 October, when there was greater participation. However, fruit, vegetable and fish sales were substantially lower.
The mayor of Barcelona, Ada Colau, decreed that the minimal services, usual in these cases, such as Funeral Services, the Mercabarna and Betevé markets, should continue as normal. On 3 October, however, the Town Council did join the strike, which is why they did not guarantee non-essential services.
Fruit and vegetable sales have dropped by 80% because their marketing started later and especially due to traffic problems, which delayed the arrival of the trucks supplying the goods.
Publication date: 11/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: