Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nominations being accepted
2018 Produce Excellence in Foodservice awards program
United Fresh has opened the nomination period for the 2018 Produce Excellence in Foodservice Awards Program which honors the foodservice industry’s most innovative produce performers.
The program, sponsored by PRO*ACT, LLC since its inception, has honored more than 50 chefs and foodservice operators for their exceptional work in incorporating fresh produce in menu development, proper food safety and handling, engaging in community outreach and building an overall positive dining experience with fresh produce as a centerpiece.
“Chefs around the globe work hard every day to find innovative ways to delight diners with menu items featuring fresh produce,” said Tom Stenzel, President & CEO, United Fresh Produce Association. “With PRO*ACT’s continued generous support, we are proud to recognize those chefs who are committed to making produce the centerpiece of the meal.”
Winning chefs and foodservice professionals will be recognized in eight categories – Business in Industry, Casual & Family Dining Restaurants, Colleges & Universities, Fine Dining Restaurants, Hospitals & Healthcare, Hotels & Resorts, K-12 School Foodservice and Quick Service Restaurants.
“Fresh produce continues to drive success for the foodservice and culinary sectors, and chefs play a critical role in encouraging consumers to explore produce items,” said Max Yeater, President of PRO*ACT. “We are proud of our ongoing commitment to this exceptional program that honors culinary professionals who are making fresh produce the highlight of their menus.”
Winners will be selected by a panel of United Fresh member representatives. Nominations must be submitted by January 19, 2018. The eight winning chefs and their corporate executives receive complimentary airfare, hotel accommodations and registrations to United Fresh 2018, June 25-27, 2018 in Chicago, and will be recognized at the event’s Retail-Foodservice Celebration.
The 2017 winners in each category were:
- Business in Industry: Chef Ted Mathesius, Executive Chef, Adobe Café Lehi/Bon Appetit Management Company, Lehi, UT
- Casual & Family Dining Restaurants: Chef Shane Schaibly, Corporate Chef and Vice President of Culinary Strategy, First Watch Restaurants, Inc., Brandenton, FL
- Colleges & Universities: Chef Eric Lindstrom, Deputy Director of Retail Dining/Executive Chef, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
- Fine Dining Restaurants: Chef Varin Keokitvon, Chef, Heartwood Provisions, Seattle, WA
- Hospitals & Healthcare: Chef Ralph Chavez, System Executive Chef, Touchpoint Healthcare Services, Austin, TX
- Hotels & Resorts: Chef Matt Smith, CEC, Executive Chef, Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square, Columbus, OH
- K-12 School Foodservice: Robert Cuellar, Jr., Child Nutrition Program Director, Laredo Independent School District, Laredo, TX
- Quick Service Restaurants: Lacey Hudgins, Head of Product Development, Wildflower Bread Company, Scottsdale, AZ
Nominations for the 2018 program can be submitted at www.unitedfresh.org/fsa.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: