Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UNHCR establishes five perma-gardens in Sudan to boost nutrition
In the Yusuf Batil, Kaya and Doro refugee camps, UNHCR and partners Relief International (RI) and ACTED facilitated climate-smart nutrition-focused perma-gardening training for 190 refugees.
As a result, five perma-gardens were established and persons of concern provided with assorted tools comprising hoes, spade and watering cans, as well as vegetable seeds to enable them establish their gardens.
The overall aim of perma-gardening is to promote year-round vegetable production for nutritionally vulnerable households ensuring increased access to nutrient-dense vegetables for consumption.
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: