Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- "As soon as I saw the Kiwano melon I thought - this is something special"
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Robin Fargier, Les Chalanquettes
France: "Organic product consumption is growing by 10% per year"More and more French producers are changing to organic farming. The demand is on the rise and they see niche opportunities. However, France is not the biggest consumer of organic products and that is why producers have their sights set on exporting.
"We haven't taken the step yet, because our production is currently intended for the large national supermarket chains, but we would like to give it a try and gain ground in markets like Germany, Switzerland or Belgium," explains Robin Fargier, manager at Les Chalanquettes.
This French company has a number of products in its range, with broccoli being one of the most noteworthy. Its price, very similar to that recorded over the past three years, stands at 1.50 Euro per unit, with the product being sold to large retailers in boxes containing 8 pieces each.
For more information:
Tel: +33 0624423606
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: