Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Robin Fargier, Les Chalanquettes
France: "Organic product consumption is growing by 10% per year"More and more French producers are changing to organic farming. The demand is on the rise and they see niche opportunities. However, France is not the biggest consumer of organic products and that is why producers have their sights set on exporting.
"We haven't taken the step yet, because our production is currently intended for the large national supermarket chains, but we would like to give it a try and gain ground in markets like Germany, Switzerland or Belgium," explains Robin Fargier, manager at Les Chalanquettes.
This French company has a number of products in its range, with broccoli being one of the most noteworthy. Its price, very similar to that recorded over the past three years, stands at 1.50 Euro per unit, with the product being sold to large retailers in boxes containing 8 pieces each.
For more information:
Tel: +33 0624423606
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: