Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysian Durian Festival 2017 looks to breach the Chinese market
The three-day Malaysian Durian Festival 2017 (MDF2017), which kicked off on November 3rd, gave Chinese consumers the experience of enjoying fresh durians in the ‘kampung way’, said the event’s joint-coordinator Datuk Robin Wong Hee Joo.
“The way Malaysians enjoy durian in Malaysia is more like a community-based activity, just like how we eat at the famous SS2 food outlets in Petaling Jaya… we like the atmosphere, the culture and the way we eat," he told.
“Which is why we are bringing out an outdoor event rather than indoors, very ‘kampung style’, so that they can experience how we eat durians in Malaysia,” he said after checking on preparations for the festival.
The festival, which is jointly-organised by the Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-based Industry, Rimbunan Hijau and Regal International, has brought in five tonnes of the famed Musang King variety alongside 250 durian-related products and other fresh fruits including jackfruits and pineapples.
Sam Hoo, Managing Director from Beho Fresh Sdn Bhd, one of the 40 Malaysian exhibitors, said he felt proud after being selected as a participant by the ministry, saying that it was a patriotic being able to showcase the king of fruit, and at the same time promoting the identity of Malaysia.
Bringing along about 3.8 tonnes of Musang King, making his company the biggest contributor for the event, Hoo said Beho Fresh has been looking forward to penetrating the huge Chinese market which is predominantly controlled by Thailand.
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: