Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Vanderlande receives order from Van Gelder for new automated solution
Vanderlande has received a significant order from Dutch fresh food supplier Van Gelder for the installation of a state-of-the-art automated solution at its new facilities in Ridderkerk, near Rotterdam.
The 30,000m2 site – located at the Nieuw-Reijerwaard business park – will be used for the storage, sorting and the distribution of fruit and vegetable products, as well as acting as the company’s innovation centre.
In addition, the new facility will support Van Gelder’s expansion strategy. Due to recent growth and to streamline its nationwide coverage, the company made the decision to move to new premises. It selected Vanderlande’s automated solution to help it strengthen its market position, increase delivery reliability and overcome the lack of available workforce.
The Nieuw-Reijerwaard site – situated in one of Europe’s leading sustainable business areas – features its own nursery, produce cutting facilities and production departments. Vanderlande’s solution is based around ADAPTO, its highly flexible storage, retrieval and transportation system. A unique 3D concept, it is also scalable while offering maximum availability.
Alongside 92 ADAPTO shuttles that serve over 52,000 tray storage locations, Vanderlande will deliver goods-to-person packing stations and automated case picking (ACP) technology.
Van Gelder’s new distribution centre will also house pallet high-bay storage with multiple temperature zones for almost 4,000 pallet locations. Construction work began on the greenfield site on 9 October and is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2019.
“Van Gelder is one of the major players in the Dutch fresh supplier market, so we’re thrilled to be working with them on this project,” says Vanderlande’s Director Food Retail, Jan van der Velden. “With ADAPTO, they will have access to an innovative Goods to Person warehousing concept that provides flexibility and will help them adapt to the dynamic food market now and in the future. It will also enable them to keep full control over the entire warehousing process, while providing the highest level of performance.”
For more information:
Tel: +31 413 49 49 49
Publication date: 11/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: