Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico wants to send more fruits and vegetables to the US
Mexican producers that participated in the PMA Fresh Summit, which is considered the most important exhibition in fruits and vegetables of the United States, are hoping to expand the opportunities of increasing the presence and positioning of Mexican products in that market, stated the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (SAGARPA).
The Mexican pavilion was the largest pavilion in the exhibition and was composed of 120 agribusinesses and producers from the states of Aguascalientes, Baja California, Chiapas, Coahuila, Colima, State of Mexico, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Jalisco, Michoacan, Nayarit, Nuevo Leon, Oaxaca, Puebla, Queretaro, Sinaloa, Sonora, Tabasco, Tamaulipas, Veracruz, and Mexico City.
The participation of Mexican producers and agribusinesses in this fair also seeks to expand the supply of non-traditional fruits and vegetables to the neighboring country, such as lychee, pitahaya, rambutan, passion fruit and soursop.
According to the general coordinator of International Affairs of SAGARPA, Raul Urteaga Trani, in 2016, Mexico exported more than 12 billion dollars of fresh produce to the United States, which placed the country as its main supplier of this type of food.
He also highlighted that in 2016 Mexican tomato and avocado exports to this market amounted to 1,964 million dollars and 1,768 million dollars, respectively.
Publication date: 11/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: