Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk regional head calls for more high quality Peruvian ports
Having more high quality Peruvian ports would help provide more options for shippers and would benefit Peru’s fresh goods market, according to one of Maersk Line’s South American chiefs.
Francisco Ulloa, managing director, West Coast of South America, told CM an increase in the number of ports would shorten transit times and would mean avoiding the heavy congestion currently facing the country’s main port, Callao.
Ulloa said: “Investment in ports along the country always helps, especially when you’re talking about fresh goods."
“When you’re talking about blueberries, the difference could be between trucking a very sensitive fruit 500 km, or just trucking them 50 km, and we have to recognise that in Peru the roads are sometimes not in the best condition.”
It is the roads and other areas of the hinterland that Ulloa said need real attention.
“If we want to make our countries more productive, if we want to be more efficient, and if we want to develop faster, we need to improve the infrastructure."
Publication date: 11/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: