Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt: More oranges due to acreage expansionThe volume of oranges intended for export in Egypt is rising year after year. The main reason for this is the expansion of the acreage and the consequent increase in production; however, this is not the only reason. The Ministry of Agriculture of the North African country has undertaken a campaign with a special emphasis on pest control and on reaching the necessary standards to allow producers to export their fruit to practically any country in the world.
There are many destinations demanding Egyptian oranges, such as China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Italy, the Netherlands, Russia, Romania, Spain, Ukraine, Greece, the United Arab Emirates, Tunisia, Bahrain, Oman, Libya or France. "For us, it is not difficult to reach all these countries, because we have a storage and packing plant for citrus," explains Ahmed Osama Ahmed, Commercial Manager of ANB Economical Group Company Export and Agriculture Production. Nowadays, "we only avoid shipping to countries that are so far away that we can't prevent the quality of our oranges from being affected in transit," explains Ahmed Osama.
"I am happy with the prices paid this year, which are similar to those we obtained last season. And, considering the number of contacts I had the opportunity to make last year, I look forward to a good season for us."
For more information:
Dr. Ahmed Nabih (Director) / Ahmed Osama Ahmed (commercial manager)
ANB Economical Group Company Export And Agriculture Production
Tel.: +20 1228053565
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: