Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
First time at the expoSE 22 and 23 November 2017
Dutch Cerescon presents selective asparagus harvest machine
A selective Asparagus harvest machine that can harvest on three parallel rows has been developed by Cerescon in the Netherlands. The patented underground detection method was inspired by proximity sensor technology that detect the asparagus underground.
They enter the coordinates of the pole into a digging robot that detects the asparagus without the machine being interrupted. The hole that arises in the dam due to the digging is then filled so that the dams maintain their shape and to prevent the next asparagus from growing bent or crooked. The 3 row version of the machine can, when used in its maximum capacity, harvest up to 50 hectares during the season and could replace 60 to 75 seasonal employees. According to Cerescon, using foils will not be necessary anymore due to underground detection. The amortisation period is two to four years.
You can visit the company at the expoSE, at booth number 2/N-16.
Publication date: 10/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: