Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dole adopt new technology to increase efficiency in agriculture
While many sectors of the business world are embracing digital transformation, much of the agricultural sector in many areas is still in the very early stages of using next-generation technology.
Adoption of new technology may be crucial to increasing the food supply and efficiency in the agricultural sector. There are some exceptions in which cutting edge technology is used in agriculture as illustrated recently in an article in the Digital Journal.
Agriculture needs technology that increases productivity and reduces labor. The new technology provides decision support systems, effective farm monitoring, greater output, and improved efficiency in the system. As Dole banana production shows there may be limited introduction of new technology in the production sphere while new technology is introduced in marketing products to help the company reach their customers.
Dole puts a simple sticker on their product: "This sticker has a code and an invitation to visit its website. If a client does that, they will find information about which farm that specific banana came from, a complete “banana journey” from farm to supermarket), and also videos and a 360 degree tour of a banana farm."
The website is filled with videos and helpful recipes and much else.The company uses You Tube extensively to provide information about their production and distribution systems to customers.
Publication date: 10/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: