Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New direct flights between Rwanda and London to increase ag trade
RwandAir's started direct flights to London last May. The journey that used to take nearly two days, traversing two or more countries depending on which route one took; now it takes just hours.
The agriculture sector, fruits and fresh produce to be specific, are set to benefit.
On September 27, 2017 a Rwandan delegation from the National Agricultural Export Board (NAEB) headed by its chief executive, Amb. Bill Kayonga, and Rwanda's High Commissioner to the UK, Amb. Karitanyi, toured the New Covent Garden Market in London.
This 57-acre market is one of UK's largest wholesale of fruits, vegetables and flowers. It's one of the fresh produce markets (just one of several) in the vast city of nearly eight million people. Approximately 200 companies operate in the market, supplying fresh produce to the rest of UK and Europe. This tour was facilitated by Rwanda High Commission and UK's Fresh Produce Consortium (FPC).
All previous attempts to exploit this market failed due to huge cargo fees. Now with RwandAir's 3-weekly flights to London, with a cargo space of about 60t per flight, this can be done.
Publication date: 10/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: