Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
ASOEX and PMA sign a collaboration agreement
The PMA Fresh Summit, the fresh fruit industry's annual celebration in the United States, was marked by another great celebration: the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between ASOEX and the PMA. Representatives from both organizations signed the agreement during a ceremony at the Chilean stand on Friday, October 20.
The signing of this MOU represents a strong alliance between the PMA and the Chilean fruit industry, providing them with numerous opportunities to collaborate and share knowledge.
Chile is the largest fruit exporter in the southern hemisphere, accounting for 59% of the region's exports. The United States continues to have a dominant market share, as it receives 845,000 tons, i.e. 34%, of Chile's fresh fruit exports.
According to Ronald Bown, the President of ASOEX: "It is imperative that we continue to strengthen and add value to the Chilean fruit industry. Working with an industry leader like the PMA gives our members additional access to the information and resources they need to stay competitive. At the same time, the PMA will learn from our experience and they can apply it in the work they are carrying out in Chile."
In November, Ronald Bown will join the PMA country council in Chile. This council is composed of the main leaders of the entire supply chain related to the fruit industry in Chile.
The PMA continues to strengthen its presence in Chile. Recently, the PMA hired Andres Rodriguez, a man who has already developed various events and meetings around the most relevant topics for the Chilean fruit industry, as the newest representative of the association in Chile.
"Chile's importance to the global fresh fruit industry is undeniable. This MOU demonstrates PMA's commitment to improve the benefits we can offer the Chilean industry and to share our experience for mutual growth," said Nancy Tucker, PMA's Vice President of Global Business Development. "We look forward to working with ASOEX to connect members with ideas and insights so that the industry can grow and to increase the demand for fresh fruit."
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: