Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
ASOEX and PMA sign a collaboration agreement
The PMA Fresh Summit, the fresh fruit industry's annual celebration in the United States, was marked by another great celebration: the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between ASOEX and the PMA. Representatives from both organizations signed the agreement during a ceremony at the Chilean stand on Friday, October 20.
The signing of this MOU represents a strong alliance between the PMA and the Chilean fruit industry, providing them with numerous opportunities to collaborate and share knowledge.
Chile is the largest fruit exporter in the southern hemisphere, accounting for 59% of the region's exports. The United States continues to have a dominant market share, as it receives 845,000 tons, i.e. 34%, of Chile's fresh fruit exports.
According to Ronald Bown, the President of ASOEX: "It is imperative that we continue to strengthen and add value to the Chilean fruit industry. Working with an industry leader like the PMA gives our members additional access to the information and resources they need to stay competitive. At the same time, the PMA will learn from our experience and they can apply it in the work they are carrying out in Chile."
In November, Ronald Bown will join the PMA country council in Chile. This council is composed of the main leaders of the entire supply chain related to the fruit industry in Chile.
The PMA continues to strengthen its presence in Chile. Recently, the PMA hired Andres Rodriguez, a man who has already developed various events and meetings around the most relevant topics for the Chilean fruit industry, as the newest representative of the association in Chile.
"Chile's importance to the global fresh fruit industry is undeniable. This MOU demonstrates PMA's commitment to improve the benefits we can offer the Chilean industry and to share our experience for mutual growth," said Nancy Tucker, PMA's Vice President of Global Business Development. "We look forward to working with ASOEX to connect members with ideas and insights so that the industry can grow and to increase the demand for fresh fruit."
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: