Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
For Product, Packaging and Best of Show
Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
Five companies stood out among more than 1,000 exhibitors at PMA’s 2017 Fresh Summit Convention & Expo, taking honors for Best Overall Product Promo and Best Packaging Promo, as well as Best of Show.
An anonymous panel of judges selected the Best of Show winners, while a panel of retail experts selected the Best Overall Product Promo and Best Packaging Promo awards. The retail panel included representatives from Ahold, USA, Inc., Grocery Outlet, Inc., The Packer, Tops Markets, Inc., and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Mucci Farms - Best Packaging Promo award
This new award is designed to encourage packaging innovation by recognizing pioneering ways that packaging is being used to market fresh produce and floral. This award recognizes packaging that generates interest, appeal and differentiation on the store shelf, that is novel, and/or that promotes product sales and consumption.
“All of this year’s entries demonstrated that packaging can be a powerful marketing tool for products across our industry,” said PMA CMO Lauren M. Scott. “That’s true whether you are trying to capture attention for a new product, or making a familiar one more modern or convenient."
Southern Specialties - Best Overall Product Promo award
This existing award encourages marketing innovation by recognizing the produce or floral product that the panel of retail judges believes would drive sales and that they would carry in their stores. All exhibitors in the Fresh Ideas Showcase were automatically eligible to be considered for this award.
“I was very excited to be a judge, and to see the latest our industry has to offer,” said Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Senior Director of Global Sourcing Ron McCormick. The contest entries, he noted, demonstrate that “product packaging helps sell products, and is critical to our industry’s success."
Front Row (L to R): Brandy Campbell, Susan Noritake, John Kang, Deborah Rogers, Ines Masallach, Amy Cheng, Jill Netzel, Diego Pulido, Art Blumershine, Holly Ladnier. Back Row (L to R): Robert Walker, Glen Arrowsmith, Matt Crawford, Laura Sterling, Karen Caruso, Sarah Deaton, Ben Hughes, Eduardo Carmagnani, Melanie Stavinski, Sid Burgos
Best of Show awards
Fresh Summit’s “Best of Show’ awards are designed to generate enthusiasm and excellence among exhibitors by recognizing effective exhibits. Judges look for booth attractiveness, product displays and messaging as well as staff performance.
The 2017 Best of Show awardees are:
- Best of Show, in-line booth (10 feet deep and any length wide): RIPE
- Best of Show, island booth (20 x 20 feet or larger, with aisles on all four sides): Zespri Kiwi Fruit
- Best First-Time Exhibitor: Obrigado
“Each year, Fresh Summit exhibitors continue to amaze me with their innovative booth presences and marketing and merchandising approaches that show their passion for their businesses and this industry. We thank them all for helping to make this event such a continued success,” said PMA President Cathy Burns.
Tel: +1 (302) 781-5852
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: