Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
For Product, Packaging and Best of Show
Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
Five companies stood out among more than 1,000 exhibitors at PMA’s 2017 Fresh Summit Convention & Expo, taking honors for Best Overall Product Promo and Best Packaging Promo, as well as Best of Show.
An anonymous panel of judges selected the Best of Show winners, while a panel of retail experts selected the Best Overall Product Promo and Best Packaging Promo awards. The retail panel included representatives from Ahold, USA, Inc., Grocery Outlet, Inc., The Packer, Tops Markets, Inc., and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Mucci Farms - Best Packaging Promo award
This new award is designed to encourage packaging innovation by recognizing pioneering ways that packaging is being used to market fresh produce and floral. This award recognizes packaging that generates interest, appeal and differentiation on the store shelf, that is novel, and/or that promotes product sales and consumption.
“All of this year’s entries demonstrated that packaging can be a powerful marketing tool for products across our industry,” said PMA CMO Lauren M. Scott. “That’s true whether you are trying to capture attention for a new product, or making a familiar one more modern or convenient."
Southern Specialties - Best Overall Product Promo award
This existing award encourages marketing innovation by recognizing the produce or floral product that the panel of retail judges believes would drive sales and that they would carry in their stores. All exhibitors in the Fresh Ideas Showcase were automatically eligible to be considered for this award.
“I was very excited to be a judge, and to see the latest our industry has to offer,” said Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Senior Director of Global Sourcing Ron McCormick. The contest entries, he noted, demonstrate that “product packaging helps sell products, and is critical to our industry’s success."
Front Row (L to R): Brandy Campbell, Susan Noritake, John Kang, Deborah Rogers, Ines Masallach, Amy Cheng, Jill Netzel, Diego Pulido, Art Blumershine, Holly Ladnier. Back Row (L to R): Robert Walker, Glen Arrowsmith, Matt Crawford, Laura Sterling, Karen Caruso, Sarah Deaton, Ben Hughes, Eduardo Carmagnani, Melanie Stavinski, Sid Burgos
Best of Show awards
Fresh Summit’s “Best of Show’ awards are designed to generate enthusiasm and excellence among exhibitors by recognizing effective exhibits. Judges look for booth attractiveness, product displays and messaging as well as staff performance.
The 2017 Best of Show awardees are:
- Best of Show, in-line booth (10 feet deep and any length wide): RIPE
- Best of Show, island booth (20 x 20 feet or larger, with aisles on all four sides): Zespri Kiwi Fruit
- Best First-Time Exhibitor: Obrigado
“Each year, Fresh Summit exhibitors continue to amaze me with their innovative booth presences and marketing and merchandising approaches that show their passion for their businesses and this industry. We thank them all for helping to make this event such a continued success,” said PMA President Cathy Burns.
Tel: +1 (302) 781-5852
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: