Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
ALDI Nord and ALDI SÜD
Aldi joins World Banana Forum
The business groups ALDI Nord and ALDI SÜD both have joined the World Banana Forum (WBF). The WBF is a multi-stakeholder initiative to promote fair working conditions and sustainable standards for banana production.
“We are the largest banana traders in the international market. So, we found it important to make a difference. The World Banana Forum supports improvement of social conditions along the entire supply chain. As a participant of the WBF, we continue to commit ourselves to our comprehensive sustainability standards,” states Rayk Mende, Corporate Responsibility Managing Director of the ALDI Nord Group.
“Today and in future, we have to assume corporate responsibility. We are already actively engaged in numerous measures and projects improving working conditions and environmental protection. To address the challenges in our supply chain, we participate in several initiatives, such as the World Banana Forum,” says Sven van den Boomen, CEO Corporate Responsibility International of ALDI SÜD.
WBF participants are stakeholders from all areas of the banana industry, including producers, unions, importers and exporters, suppliers and distributors. The WBF promotes the cooperation of these stakeholders and supports, among others, best practices in working conditions, gender equality, environmental protection and sustainable production.
WBF participants commit themselves to the principles of the UN Global Compact, and ALDI Nord and ALDI SÜD signed a few weeks ago.
For more information about the World Banana Forum: www.fao.org/world-banana-forum/en/
Source: Aldi Nord/Süd
Publication date: 10/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: