Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bulgaria exported processed fruit & veg worth 124 million Euro in 2016Tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers are among the most processed vegetables in Bulgaria. Over the past few years, there has been a steady upward trend in tomatoes and peppers processed in one form or another. At the same time, a slight growth has been observed in the processing of gherkins.
According to Eurostat, the fruit and vegetable processing industry accounts for about 7% of the value generated by the food industry. Over the past 1-2 years, there have been some signs of growth, with notable changes in foreign trade.
The fruit and vegetable processing sector managed to export a production worth € 124 million in 2016. The value of imports of such products in the same year amounted to € 120 million, so there was a small positive trade balance. With the EU membership, exports have almost doubled, while imports have grown by about 55%.
Projections show that in the period from 2018 to 2022, tomato processing will be about 7% greater than between 2013 and 2017. Meanwhile, pepper processing is expected to grow by about 26% over the same period. For pickles, an increase of about 5-10% is expected for the 2018-2022 period compared to 2013-2017.
Publication date: 10/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: