Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bulgaria: Government discussed measures to promote local agricultural productionAn advisory board on fruit and vegetable production was held at the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment. During the meeting, discussions were held to identify opportunities to support fruit and vegetable exporters. Minister Rumen Porozhanov pointed out that high level meetings will be held to find ways to stimulate exports.
There were also discussions on the application of state aid schemes in the sector. It was reported that a total of BGN 1,882,709 (about 962,573 Euro) have been paid to 203 producers as compensations for damages suffered due to climatic adversities in 2016 and 2017.
Other topics addressed were the unregulated imports of fruits and vegetables and the School Fruit Scheme. One of the priorities for the Bulgarian Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry is to promote the creation of direct links between producers and consumers, shorten the supply chain and ensure the existence of markets for the production. The Ministry will continue to back various initiatives to promote local and traditional agricultural products.
Publication date: 10/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: