Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
APL renews Taiwan terminal lease at Port of Kaohsiung
APL’s Taiwan terminal will continue to receive both its vessels and those from other carriers including CMA CGM, its parent container shipping company, for an additional 10 years.
The lease will start from January 1, 2018, and end on December 31, 2027.
In the months ahead, APL will be upgrading its terminal operating system, increasing its capability to enhance operational excellence.
With an annual capacity of 1.5 million TEU, the facility boasts a productivity rate that tops 36 container moves per hour.
Operating two cargo berths with a linear quay length of 640 metres and draft of 15.2 metres, the APL-operated terminal is well-situated and equipped to handle ships of up to 14,000 TEUs.
Nicolas Sartini, APL Chief Executive Officer, said: “Today, Intra-Asia container volume accounts for one-sixth of all containers moved globally.
“We see further growth prospects in this trade where APL is seeking to be a major player.
“Our terminal in the Port of Kaohsiung will, therefore, be strategic for our advancement in Intra-Asia where we are connecting the key markets of Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam amongst others via the relay hub today.”
Publication date: 10/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: