Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Profiting from reducing shrink in the produce industry webinar
Businesses can improve financial performance by 10+ percent by implementing simple practices that lead to more effective processes. With shrink and associated wastes typically accounting for 20 percent of all costs incurred by businesses operating in the produce industry, the opportunity to increase profitability by improving operational performance should not be underestimated.
The webinar will present eight easy to follow tools developed by Value Chain Management International (VCMI) in conjunction with the Ontario Produce Marketing Association (OPMA). The tools are enabling businesses situated along the value chain (farmers, packers, shippers, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and foodservice) to measurably improve their financial performance by addressing basic process problems that can be resolved in a relatively short time. The tools’ use does not rest on users possessing prior experience in process improvement or operational management.
The webinar will provide you with a clearer understanding of
- How your business can profit from reducing shrink by applying 8 simple tools, and
- Examples of how businesses have benefited from using tools developed by VCMI/OPMA.
Date and time: Wednesday, October 25 – 1:00 pm EST
(The webinar will run for approximately 45 minutes.)
This project was funded in part through Growing Forward 2 (GF2), a federal-provincial-territorial initiative. The Agricultural Adaptation Council assists in the delivery of GF2 in Ontario.
CPMA is pleased to offer this webinar in collaboration with:
Tel: (+1) 613-226-4187 x225
Publication date: 10/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: