Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Profiting from reducing shrink in the produce industry webinar
Businesses can improve financial performance by 10+ percent by implementing simple practices that lead to more effective processes. With shrink and associated wastes typically accounting for 20 percent of all costs incurred by businesses operating in the produce industry, the opportunity to increase profitability by improving operational performance should not be underestimated.
The webinar will present eight easy to follow tools developed by Value Chain Management International (VCMI) in conjunction with the Ontario Produce Marketing Association (OPMA). The tools are enabling businesses situated along the value chain (farmers, packers, shippers, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and foodservice) to measurably improve their financial performance by addressing basic process problems that can be resolved in a relatively short time. The tools’ use does not rest on users possessing prior experience in process improvement or operational management.
The webinar will provide you with a clearer understanding of
- How your business can profit from reducing shrink by applying 8 simple tools, and
- Examples of how businesses have benefited from using tools developed by VCMI/OPMA.
Date and time: Wednesday, October 25 – 1:00 pm EST
(The webinar will run for approximately 45 minutes.)
This project was funded in part through Growing Forward 2 (GF2), a federal-provincial-territorial initiative. The Agricultural Adaptation Council assists in the delivery of GF2 in Ontario.
CPMA is pleased to offer this webinar in collaboration with:
Tel: (+1) 613-226-4187 x225
Publication date: 10/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: