Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Tunisian soft seeded pomegranate market depressed
"The blossoming and ripening process of Tunisian soft seeded pomegranates is closely related to the temperature. This year, because of the cold weather, there are fewer products from Huili. At the beginning of the fruit bearing stage, it has been raining continuously. Later, there was not enough sunlight. This has caused the fruit to enter the market around one month later than in previous years," according to Mr. Peng, producer and salesman of Tunisian soft seeded pomegranates in Fule Village, Tongan Town in Huili County, Sichuan.
Mr. Peng at the Tunisian soft seeded pomegranate fields
The natural production of Tunisian soft seeded pomegranates
"Tunisian soft seeded pomegranates are ripened the best around 10 to 15 days before the Mid-Autumn festival. The supply period will last until December. Before the Mid-Autumn festival, the price for Tunisian soft seeded pomegranates was somewhat higher than last year, but after the festival, it dropped again dramatically. Currently, the sales are not optimistic at all. It is difficult to say how the market will develop itself. This will only become clear around 15 to 20 days after the Mid-Autumn festival."
Full Tunisian soft seeded pomegranates
Freshly harvested Tunisian soft seeded pomegranates
"This dismal sales situation is brought about by the irregular market. In the past two years, the rise of e-commerce has been very convenient for consumers, but it has also given sellers a platform for price wars. In order to gain customers, many sell their inferior products for low prices. It tempers the consumers' desire to buy, and creates a vicious circle on the market."
Tunisian soft seeded pomegranate fields
Large Tunisian soft seeded pomegranates
"Our current supply of Tunisian soft seeded pomegranates is around 30,000 kilograms. Next year, we will reach 150,000. In the future, we hope to have the opportunity to partner up with reputable large-scale purchasers, so that we can bring our high-end products to even more consumers."
For more information on Tunisian soft seeded pomegranates, please contact:
Phone: (+86) 1377 8670 661
WeChat: (+86) 1377 8670 661
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: