Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam sees huge potential in fruit and vegetable exports to Europe
The Vietnam Fruit and Vegetable Association has forecast that Vietnamese fruit and vegetable exports will rise in the near future.
As part of this growth, Vietnamese fruit and vegetable exporters are seeking ways to develop trade with the EU market as it is considered to have great potential.
The information was delivered at a seminar entitled "Maintaining and expanding the market for Vietnam's fresh fruit and vegetable exports to the EU" jointly organised by the Ministry of Industry and Trade and European trade policy and investment support project (EU-Mutrap), in Ho Chi Minh City on October 10.
Statistics show that the exports of Vietnamese fruits and vegetables reached over US$2.6 billion in the first nine months of 2017, up 44.2% from the same period last year.
Although the EU market is considered a large market, promising great potential for Vietnamese fruits and vegetables, the market is governed by strict requirements on food safety.
The Vietnam Fruit and Vegetable Association also noted that Vietnamese enterprises must meet requirements on food safety and hygiene, quarantine and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Global Good Agricultural Practice (GlobalGAP) in order to develop and maintain good export activities with the EU market.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: