Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uzbekistan president calls for programs to help agricultural development
Self-sufficiency in domestic markets and food security are priority directions of development of agricultural sector, a centrepiece of Uzbekistan’s economy, Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev told.
He instructed the government to develop a number of key programs for the development of the agrarian sector in the next few months, podrobno.uz reported.
Until mid-December, the Cabinet is expected to prepare regulatory and legal acts aimed at further development of fruit and vegetable growing, beekeeping and other important areas of agriculture, coordination of activities of farms in this area and increasing its efficiency.
Also, the government will present a program of comprehensive measures to widely implement market infrastructures, innovations, scientific achievements and modern information and communication technologies. Its main goal is to increase the efficiency and profitability of agriculture, especially in mechanising the collection of cotton and further improvement of labour relations in the area.
Ensuring food security is another important area. In this regard, the head of state instructed the Cabinet of Ministers to develop a comprehensive program of measures to ensure the country's food security until 2020.
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: