Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uzbekistan president calls for programs to help agricultural development
Self-sufficiency in domestic markets and food security are priority directions of development of agricultural sector, a centrepiece of Uzbekistan’s economy, Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev told.
He instructed the government to develop a number of key programs for the development of the agrarian sector in the next few months, podrobno.uz reported.
Until mid-December, the Cabinet is expected to prepare regulatory and legal acts aimed at further development of fruit and vegetable growing, beekeeping and other important areas of agriculture, coordination of activities of farms in this area and increasing its efficiency.
Also, the government will present a program of comprehensive measures to widely implement market infrastructures, innovations, scientific achievements and modern information and communication technologies. Its main goal is to increase the efficiency and profitability of agriculture, especially in mechanising the collection of cotton and further improvement of labour relations in the area.
Ensuring food security is another important area. In this regard, the head of state instructed the Cabinet of Ministers to develop a comprehensive program of measures to ensure the country's food security until 2020.
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: