Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Moldova to discuss removal of duties on fruit and veg exports to RussiaMoldovan President Igor Dodon said that as a result of his agreements with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, the export of Moldovan fruits and vegetables to the Russian market has grown significantly.
According to the Moldovan leader, the export of grapes has grown 18-fold; that of apples has multiplied by 3, and those of apricots, sour cherries and sweet cherries are now 1.4 times greater. "Agricultural producers got the right to export their products through all the customs points of the Russian Federation, which greatly simplified the procedure for export," stated Dodon.
He added that the expansion of the list of goods and producers, the lifting of customs duties and other issues of cooperation between the countries will be discussed by the presidents in Sochi this week.
In March, Dodon announced the beginning of a new stage of cooperation with Russia. He noted that the worst relations between Moscow and Chisinau were in the period from 2012 to 2016. "Exports, imports and general trade had fallen by half from 2012 to 2016, from $ 1.5 billion to $ 800 million," said the politician.
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: