Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: B&B Studio helps Snact spread awareness to cut food waste
Every day, 4.4 million apples and 1.4 million bananas are thrown away in the UK, often for being an unusual or ‘ugly’ shape. Snact looks to change this and rescues as much of this fruit as possible and transform it into fruit jerky and banana bars.
This proactive environmental mission is the foundation of the Snact brand but was previously lost in a low-impact identity that lacked punch and personality. B&B studio worked closely with Snact to turn up the volume on their activist messaging, injecting a playful tone that draws attention to Snact’s mission against food waste.
Harnessing the power of social media to drive a change in how fruit is used or discarded in the UK, Snact has generated a disruptive campaign under the hashtag #deliciousprotest which acted as an inspiration point for B&B studio.
B&B studio created a rip that sits in the centre of the brand identity and splits the name into its two constituent parts – ‘SN’ for snack, and the call to ‘ACT’. Visually this represents the rebellious brand purpose Snact sees in itself.
Shaun Bowen, Creative Partner at B&B studio, says: “Snact is a brand on a mission; they are hungry for change and this social purpose should come through in everything that they do. For us, it was important that the vibrancy and enthusiasm within the company was visible at every touchpoint of the brand, so we both visualised and verbalised their playful, progressive tone, helping raise awareness for this worthy cause.”
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: