Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
France releases list of best fruit & veg for October
The French ministry of agriculture has recommended a list of the best fruit and vegetables you should eat to be healthier, protect the environment, and save money this October.
The seasonal list is a way for the ministry to alert French shoppers to the importance of consuming healthy food that will not break your budget, according to French newspaper Le Figaro.
It is also an attempt to nudge the French towards more seasonal eating, at a time when all fruit and vegetables are increasingly available all year round, despite the changing seasons.
The vegetable list includes: broccoli, carrots, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, pumpkin, squash, courgette, cress, endives, spinach, fennel, green beans, lettuce, sweetcorn, turnip, onion, leek, potato, pumpkin, and radish.
Chives, coriander, sage, and parsley also feature.
The seasonal fruit list recommends chestnuts, quince, figs, raspberries, blueberries, walnuts, vine peaches, pears, apples, plums, quince and grapes.
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: