Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Shandong Jining onions popular on South East Asian market
"The Chinese onion production areas are very broad. They include Dongbei, Gansu, Shandong, Henan and Yunnan. Compared to last year, this year's Shandong Jining onion production area has increased by around 20%. The new export season has already started, and it is estimated that it will last until April next year," according to Kevin Zhu, manager at ShanDong YSC Import & Export Co., Ltd.
Onion processing facility
Packaged onions for export
The current onion export price is the same as last year, but according to experts, it will gradually fall. That is because the Indian onion production areas will reap a large harvest this year."
An employee, manager Kevin Zhu and a customer
"Our cooperative is located in Jining, Shandong. We mainly work with onions, garlic and potatoes. We own over 1,000 hectares, and share another 15,000 hectares with farmers. Currently, our products are mostly exported through the port of Qingdao to the South East Asian market. We are also looking for foreign purchasers, and are hoping to expand to the Middle Eastern, African, European and North American markets as well."
Onion storage and processing facility
"For the past few years, our exported red and yellow onions have been very popular on the South East Asian market. This is because of two reasons. Firstly, the Chinese onion production is very large, while the local South East Asian production is rather small. Therefore, they cannot be self-sufficient. Furthermore, the Chinese climate and geography are better for the production of onions. They can guarantee the product quality."
Kevin Zhu (Manager)
ShanDong YSC Import & Export Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 131 7617 8860
Publication date: 10/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: