Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Shandong Jining onions popular on South East Asian market
"The Chinese onion production areas are very broad. They include Dongbei, Gansu, Shandong, Henan and Yunnan. Compared to last year, this year's Shandong Jining onion production area has increased by around 20%. The new export season has already started, and it is estimated that it will last until April next year," according to Kevin Zhu, manager at ShanDong YSC Import & Export Co., Ltd.
Onion processing facility
Packaged onions for export
The current onion export price is the same as last year, but according to experts, it will gradually fall. That is because the Indian onion production areas will reap a large harvest this year."
An employee, manager Kevin Zhu and a customer
"Our cooperative is located in Jining, Shandong. We mainly work with onions, garlic and potatoes. We own over 1,000 hectares, and share another 15,000 hectares with farmers. Currently, our products are mostly exported through the port of Qingdao to the South East Asian market. We are also looking for foreign purchasers, and are hoping to expand to the Middle Eastern, African, European and North American markets as well."
Onion storage and processing facility
"For the past few years, our exported red and yellow onions have been very popular on the South East Asian market. This is because of two reasons. Firstly, the Chinese onion production is very large, while the local South East Asian production is rather small. Therefore, they cannot be self-sufficient. Furthermore, the Chinese climate and geography are better for the production of onions. They can guarantee the product quality."
Kevin Zhu (Manager)
ShanDong YSC Import & Export Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 131 7617 8860
Publication date: 10/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: