Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Monster moon cake with new flavors
At 6 o'clock on the evening of October 3rd, a gigantic moon cake on the first floor of the Changfa Commercial Building (Suzhou city) attracted a lot of attention. From a bird's eye perspective, a number 8 can be seen on the mooncake, echoing its enormity. The upper and lower circle of the number with a combined diameter of 1.2 meters form the giant mooncake. Small mooncakes in all colours are spread all around the circles.
According to a merchant, baking the mooncake only required two experts. Gold medal pastry cooks from the Changfa Commercial Building joyfully worked on the mooncake for no less than half a day. At that point, however, only the core was made - the "side dishes" all around the circles were necessary to make the giant mooncake even more enormous. In total they made 2,000 small mooncakes to go together with the larger one.
"Letting consumers assess our mooncakes right here right now is our new style of promoting this year," said a spokesperson from Changfa Western Cakes. These extremely beautiful and colorful mooncakes, around the larger one, express the love amongst everyone. They hope to strongly promote the first gigantic mooncake and then to assess the reactions of consumers. They also want to receive everybody's feedback after having tried the new taste of the huge mooncake and, of course, to give everybody an even more sweet Mid-Autumn Festival.
Publication date: 10/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: