Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Winter dates enter their peak period
Over the years, winter dates have become bestsellers in autumn. This year, they have entered the market on time, and three things can be seen now. Firstly, there is a pattern of "early and late". "Early" means that the winter dates have already entered the market in the beginning of June. This is two months earlier than last year, so it would almost be better to name them "summer dates". It can be seen that the production areas have gone through a rapid development of their agricultural science technology.
"Late" means that, even though the dates have entered the market rather early, their peak period is delayed by half a month, compared to last year, which happens to be just right for the Mid-Autumn Festival. Secondly, the sales have increased dramatically. Through expanding the production areas, the supply of winter dates has also grown. This year, it reached its highest point in history. From 15 September, the daily winter date trade was around 240 tons per day, which is 40% higher than last year. Over half of the fruit sellers have started to sell winter dates now. Lastly, the price is low. When large quantities enter the market at the same time, the price drops immediately. The price is now around 11 yuan per kilogram, which is 48.5% lower than before. A box of 7.5 kilograms can be bought for only 60 yuan now. Because of the low price, many customers are eager to buy whole boxes of winter dates.
It is estimated that, because of the National Holiday and the Mid-Autumn Festival, the trade in winter dates will grow. However, as the demand increases, the price will rise as well.
Source: China Jinhua Web Portal
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: