Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sri Lanka govt to sell potatoes & onions at a discount to lower prices
The Government in Sri Lanka plans to sell onions and potatoes to consumers through the Sathosa outlets from today at lower than the prevalent prices. The decisions were made yesterday at a special discussion held at the Presidential Secretariat with President Maithripala Sirisena at the chair.
Meanwhile, the Coconut Marketing Board has initiated a programme to sell coconuts directly to consumers to assist with price control, as prices have gone up excessively.
The President instructed that a committee consisting of officials from the Ministry of Trade and Ministry of Agriculture should meet on a weekly basis to discuss variables relating to the sale of essential food items.
Publication date: 9/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: