Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italian-Greek cooperation in baby leaf greenhouse growing
"In the past few years, we have received more requests from abroad, especially from Greece, Malta, Croatia and Romania. There is definitely potential in these countries, as businesses are expanding. With over 20 years of experience in the sector, our team can advise our clients on the best solution for their needs. Our clients' demands are varied, just like our range, which includes simple inexpensive solutions as well as state-of-the-art technological ones," explains Maria Cipro, director of CO.SER., an Italian company specialising in the manufacturing of greenhouses. In addition to greenhouses for the fruit and vegetable sector, CO.SER provide structures for the livestock, flower and nursery garden sectors as well as mushroom beds and warehouses.
The Greek company Vezyroglou Farm is a client of CO.SER. "We have been cooperating for the last 8 years and are very satisfied with the price-quality ratio, the speed for delivery, the customization that we need in construction and the after-sale service," says Antonis Vezyroglou, Vezyroglou Farm General Manager. "All greenhouses are used solely for baby leaf production and the most common type of greenhouse that we have constructed is the multi-tunnel with 80m width, 120m length and 3.5m gutter height."
"Our company, located in Northern Greece, is one of the largest producers of leafy vegetables in Greece and the largest producer of baby leaves. We have 30 hectares of open field production, 30 hectares of net-house production and 6 hectares of greenhouse production. We have built 6 groups of greenhouses with a total surface area of 6 hectares, all of them manufactured by CO.SER."
Speaking about the market of leafy vegetables in Greece, Vezyroglou adds: "It has been growing over the last decade and, despite the economic crisis, it seems to have the potential to grow further in the coming years."
"Our products are mainly sold within the country - he concludes - and in addition some exports to Balkan countries have been growing."
Antonis Vezyroglou - General Manager
Phone: +30 2333026690
Maria Cipro - director
Via Valle Annunziata, 77
81050 Francolise (CE)
Phone: +39 (0)823 884180
Publication date: 9/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: