Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Crispy Green will display its line of chip-like snacks
Snack category full of crunch at PMA Fresh Summit
The snack category is erring on the crunchy side at the upcoming PMA Fresh Summit with freeze-dried snack producers like Crispy Green. On the retail side, being able to display chip-like fruit snacks in the produce section is ideal. “People who shops in Produce area already in that healthy mindset. Adding freeze dried fruit like Crispy Green provides these consumers more options for healthier and convenient snacks that can act like a supplement for fresh fruit. Thus, it would increase sales and revenue for the department,” says Mark McHale, National Sales Director.
The shelf life is almost three years and has nearly the same nutrients as fresh fruit. “It’s a really nice way to consume fruit – get it into your diet in a year round fashion when maybe some of the fruits aren't available fresh.” McHale adds that kids who are particular about texture gravitate to the freeze-dried because of its crunchiness. Crispy Green produces its products in China because China has the most sophisticated freeze-drying process and largest manufacturing capabilities.
Over the last decade there’s been a transition in the snack category. “Now these natural product snacks have moved into the mainstream and there’s a higher expectation for clean ingredient products, non GMO.” McHale says, in most retail settings, merchandising products like Crispy Green’s freeze-dried fruit in the produce section is a much greater revenue booster than in the grocery aisle. “We have case studies that show that direct correlation.”
Crispy Green makes a point of exhibiting at PMA every year. “Because the produce community is a strong and important partner for Crispy Green. PMA is one of the places we make our connections.” After the show, leading into 2018 the company has new products in the works. “2018 will be an exciting year for Crispy Green.”
Crispy Green will be displaying their line of seven flavors at the show, the various formats that the product is available in as well as display options. Visit them at booth #3775.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: