Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New world's hottest chili makes ghost pepper taste like a cucumberAt more than three million Scoville heat units (SHU), Pepper X has ousted the Dragon’s Breath chili as the world’s spiciest pepper, Tasting Table reports.
“The pepper is coming in at 3.18 million (on the Scoville scale)… We’re playing with fire,” creator Ed Currie said in a First We Feast Hot Ones video. That’s more than 300 times hotter than a jalapeño (2,500 – 8,000 SHU), and considerably more hellish than the Dragon’s Breath (2.48 million SHU).
Pepper X’s rating is being cross-checked by two universities, Currie added, and has been submitted to Guinness World Records where “it’s pending evidence.” Hot Ones host Sean Evans said that the new pepper’s name is to be determined; Pepper X is likely a placeholder.
Read more at the National Post (Laura Brehaut)
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: