Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New world's hottest chili makes ghost pepper taste like a cucumberAt more than three million Scoville heat units (SHU), Pepper X has ousted the Dragon’s Breath chili as the world’s spiciest pepper, Tasting Table reports.
“The pepper is coming in at 3.18 million (on the Scoville scale)… We’re playing with fire,” creator Ed Currie said in a First We Feast Hot Ones video. That’s more than 300 times hotter than a jalapeño (2,500 – 8,000 SHU), and considerably more hellish than the Dragon’s Breath (2.48 million SHU).
Pepper X’s rating is being cross-checked by two universities, Currie added, and has been submitted to Guinness World Records where “it’s pending evidence.” Hot Ones host Sean Evans said that the new pepper’s name is to be determined; Pepper X is likely a placeholder.
Read more at the National Post (Laura Brehaut)
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: