Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Good quantities and high quality for table grapesWe visited Caab in Bologna on 21st September 2017 and operators there reported high quantities of table grapes which are slowing down prices.
"There's a lot of grapes available so it's difficult to obtain consistent prices. The best batches are sold without many problems, while standard grapes face a few difficulties. Quality is good on average although, in some areas, the heat and drought affected the produce," explains Giancarlo Venturi from Cenerini.
Traditional seeded grapes are still the most popular, though seedless varieties are gaining ground.
Prices hovered around €2-2.50/kg for premium quality produce and dropped to €0.80/kg for the lower quality. Yellow grapes are the most popular, while the black varieties sell a bit slower.
"Wholesale markets continue to maintain their share thanks to farmer's markets, which reach consumers almost to their door. Greengrocers too source their produce from us, but things have changed. They are now mostly managed by Pakistanis, who need assistance as they often look for the lowest price at all costs."
Via Paolo Canali 1
Tel.: +39 (0)51 2861165
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: